Thursday, August 2, 2012

Simple Flower Bed design

 This is originally what I had to work with.  Over thrown with weeds.  I was trying to figure a way to straighten it out and lay out the design that I wanted.  I had planted a blueberry plant and a fig tree here, hoping that they would grow okay.






This is what it looked like after I pulled out all the weeds.  A huge improvement from before.  I still didn't want the same design that I had initially though, I wanted more curve to it.  So I used the water hose trick that we are using for the pathway to the pool we are doing.  This is how I did it.




This is what I got after I laid down the hose and started to even it out using the paver sand.  It came out even and worked quite well.  I also used the hose as you see in order to get the perfect curve for the bricks.                                                                



The newspaper is laid down to serve as a weed protector to the dirt.  Instead of spending slews of money on the black cloth, I used newspaper.  It works just as good and I find it easier to work with when I want to plant something else in that spot.







This is the sand that we used in order to level out the dirt for placing the bricks down.  Works really really well!




All finished with the paper laying down and almost done with the bricks.










I laid down all the mulch to cover the paper.  I even had some left over bricks so I made a spot for a miniature orange tree, my bird bath, and my hook so that I can maybe hand something else from there.  Not sure what yet.
Caleb loves helping mommy in the garden :)





 And this is the finished product.  I added some rocks around the mulch to bring some color, and added rocks around the smaller bed with the potted plant.  Definitely a big change from what it was! All in one mornings work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment